Posted By : Margaret Garland
Category : dating
Whether you were involved in a marriage of many years, or you were only dating for a few months, you went through a break up and are now looking for ways to get an ex back. There's nothing wrong with that, and the good news is that there are many, many methods of getting back together with an ex. You should be able to find such advice with relative ease. However, there is just as much, if not more value in knowing the things to avoid. With that in mind, here are six things you should NOT do if you want your ex back.
1. Harass their friends mercilessly. See, your ex's friends will have some idea of what they're up to, if they're seeing somebody and how they feel about you. Yes, friends are a goldmine of juicy information, so do whatever you can to track them down and get the dirt you need.
2. Stalking. No matter where they are, you will be there. Sending a message to your ex that you are not going to let go...no matter what is one way to get their attention. It's also one of the worst things you can do, and is likely to get you in trouble with the law.
3. Talk to your ex's new partner. If your ex is now seeing somebody else, you may want to talk directly to them. Be sure to let them know that you are the only person your ex could ever truly love. Of course, the reality is that it will only make your ex like you less and is not the best of ways to get an ex back.
4. Call your ex's employer. You may want to talk to your ex, and it may be the only way you will get your chance. Or, you may wish to talk to their boss to learn more about what your ex has been up to. This is definitely a big no-no.
5. Call them every chance you get. Hey! You're not trying to drive them absolutely crazy, you just want to talk, right? Call them too much, and they end up blocking your number. Not to worry, you can call from a friend's phone, or get a disposable if you need to. (Remember, these are NOT ways to get an ex back)
6. Use their words against them. That's right. Try to recall everything they have ever said and find a way to use it against them. You will win (or lose, depending on how you look at it) extra points if you can use their words out of context to make bizarre points. Don't be surprised, though, if they start saying new words that are more "colorful".
You should be able to easily see just how wrong the above ways to get an ex back are. Doing any of the above things are sure to push your ex further away, and could get you into serious trouble. On the other hand, if you do the opposite of any of the above, you will be on the right track.